Setting up Android Development platform – Eclipse
Here is in brief the steps required to set up the Android development environment
1. Download – Eclipse Helios version – Choose 32bit or 64bit from the right side based on ur system configuration – I used 32 bit.
2. Download: JDK – Java SE Development Kit 6u24
3. First Install JDK (downloaded in Step2).
4. Unzip Eclipse (downloaded in step1) and Launch ‘eclipse.exe’
5. Follow the procedure here – where you get the Android Development Tools (ADT) which is a plugin for the Eclipse IDE. Link: Info Here
6. Download Android SDK.
Link: Download Here
, download the .exe version and run it. On finish it will launch the SOFTWARE MANAGER. Just select and continue/OK.
It will install all the updates. It contains the platforms in it.
I took me almost the whole day to get to this point.. Curse my broadband speed.. Hufff..
Now its high time we get our hands wet.. Happy Coding 🙂